Learn how to make delicious and easy cake pops with our foolproof recipe. Perfect for parties, special occasions or just a sweet treat, these bite-sized delights are sure to impress.
- Discover the Top-Ranked Best Chef in the World: A Culinary Mastermind!
- When Was World War 2? A Comprehensive Guide to the Dates and Key Events of the Second World War
- The Top 10 Wealthiest People in the World: A Look at Their Fortunes and How They Got There
- Discover the Best Hotels Near Disney World Orlando for a Magical Staycation!
- The Top 10 Busiest Airports in the World: A Comprehensive Guide to Global Travel Hubs
Ingredients needed to make cake pops
- 1 box of cake mix (flavor of your choice)
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4-6 tbsp milk or heavy cream
Cake pop supplies
- Lollipop sticks or cake pop sticks
- Candy melts or chocolate chips for coating the cake pops (white, milk, dark, or colored)
- Sprinkles, crushed cookies, nuts, candy pieces for decorating the cake pops (optional)
When making cake pops, you’ll need a few essential ingredients and supplies. To start with, you’ll need a boxed cake mix in the flavor of your choice. You can also make a homemade cake if you prefer. Along with the cake mix, you’ll need eggs, vegetable oil, and water to make the batter.
In addition to the cake ingredients, you’ll need frosting for binding the crumbled cake together. You can use store-bought frosting or make your own using butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and milk or heavy cream.
Finally, you’ll need lollipop sticks or cake pop sticks for inserting into the balls of cake mixture. For coating and decorating the finished cake pops, you can use candy melts or chocolate chips in white, milk chocolate or dark chocolate varieties. Sprinkles, crushed cookies, nuts and candy pieces can be used for decorating the cake pops to your liking.
Preparing the cake for the recipe
Baking the cake
1. Preheat your oven according to the instructions on your cake mix box.
2. Grease a baking pan or line it with parchment paper.
3. Prepare the cake batter according to the instructions on the box.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
5. Allow the cake to cool completely before proceeding with making cake pops.
Crumbing the Cake
1. Once cooled, crumble up your baked cake into small pieces using your hands or a food processor.
2. Add frosting to bind together, starting with a small amount and adding more as needed until you reach a dough-like consistency that holds its shape when rolled into balls.
Before you can make cake pops, you need to prepare a cake by baking it and crumbling it up into fine crumbs. Start by following directions on your boxed cake mix or homemade recipe for baking a single layer of cake. Once baked, allow it to cool completely before crumbling it up into small pieces using your hands or food processor.
Next, add frosting to bind together the crumbled-up pieces of cake until they form a dough-like consistency that holds its shape when rolled into balls.
The process for making the cake pop mixture
Mixing Cake Crumbs and Frosting
1. In a large bowl, combine crumbled-up pieces of baked cakes and frosting.
2. Mix thoroughly until well-combined and dough-like consistency is achieved.
3. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until firm enough to shape.
Once you have prepared the cake and frosting, it’s time to mix them together. In a large bowl, combine the crumbled-up pieces of baked cakes and frosting. Mix thoroughly until well-combined and dough-like consistency is achieved.
Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until firm enough to shape into balls.
Shaping the mixture into balls for the cake pops
Rolling Cake Pop Balls
1. Remove the cake pop mixture from the refrigerator.
2. Using a cookie scoop or spoon, scoop out small portions of mixture.
3. Roll each portion between your palms to form a smooth ball.
4. Insert a lollipop stick or cake pop stick halfway through each ball.
5. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Once your cake pop mixture has chilled in the refrigerator, it should be firm enough to shape into balls easily. Use a cookie scoop or spoon to measure out small portions of mixture, then roll each portion between your palms to form smooth balls.
Insert lollipop sticks or cake pop sticks halfway through each ball and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Coating options for covering the cake pops
Melting Candy Coating
1. Melt candy coating according to package instructions using microwave or double boiler method.
2. Dip each cake pop into melted candy coating until fully coated.
3. Gently tap off any excess coating by tapping your wrist lightly against your other hand.
4. Place coated cake pops back onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
There are many different options for coating your cake pops, but one popular choice is melting candy coating in various colors and flavors.
To melt candy coating, follow package instructions using either microwave or double boiler method until fully melted and smooth consistency is achieved.
Dip each cake pop into the melted candy coating until fully coated. Gently tap off any excess coating by tapping your wrist lightly against your other hand. Place coated cake pops back onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Decorating and adding toppings to the cake pops
1. While the candy coating is still wet, add any desired toppings such as sprinkles, crushed cookies, nuts or candy pieces.
2. Allow cake pops to dry completely before serving or storing.
Once you have coated your cake pops in melted candy coating, you can add any desired toppings while the coating is still wet. Sprinkles, crushed cookies, nuts and candy pieces are all popular choices for decorating cake pops.
Allow the cake pops to dry completely before serving or storing.
Recommended storage method for cake pops
Storing Cake Pops
1. Store finished cake pops in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
2. To freeze cake pops, place them on a baking sheet in a single layer and freeze until solid.
3. Once frozen, transfer them to an airtight container or zip-top bag and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Cake pops can be stored at room temperature for up to 5 days in an airtight container. If you need to store them longer than that, consider freezing them instead.
To freeze cake pops, place them on a baking sheet in a single layer and freeze until solid. Once frozen, transfer them to an airtight container or zip-top bag and store in the freezer for up to 2 months.
Modifying the recipe to include different flavors or types of cake
Variations of Cake Pop Recipe
1. Use different flavors of boxed cake mixes or homemade cake recipes.
2. Add different flavorings to the frosting, such as almond extract, peppermint extract or lemon zest.
3. Mix in additional ingredients to the cake pop mixture, such as chocolate chips, nuts or dried fruit.
One of the great things about making cake pops is that you can customize them with different flavors and ingredients. To modify the recipe, start by using a different flavor of boxed cake mix or try a homemade recipe instead.
You can also add different flavorings to the frosting, such as almond extract, peppermint extract or lemon zest. Mix in additional ingredients to the cake pop mixture, such as chocolate chips, nuts or dried fruit for added texture and flavor.
In conclusion, cake pop recipe is a fun and easy way to create delicious treats that are perfect for any occasion. Whether you’re looking to impress guests at a party or simply want to indulge in a sweet treat, this recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings. With just a few simple ingredients and some creative decorating skills, you can make beautiful and tasty cake pops that everyone will love. So why not give it a try today and see how much fun baking can be!
What is the trick to making cake pops?
Waiting for the cake pops to chill after inserting the sticks and dipping them in chocolate requires patience. Freezing them will make the cake pops more stable and prevent them from falling apart when applying the coating.
What is cake pop dough made of?
Cake Pop Dough is essentially crumbled cake mixed with butter, chocolate, or frosting, which is then shaped into small balls to create cake pops.
Why are cake pops so expensive?
If you are curious about the cost disparity between Starbucks’ cupcakes and cake pops, note that the latter is priced slightly more due to its special flavors and high-quality ingredients. However, both desserts are equally delectable, so you can treat yourself to whichever you prefer without hesitation.
How long does it take for cake pops to harden?
Cake pops will dry out within an hour or so, which makes them a great treat to prepare in advance, especially for special occasions. They also freeze well and can be stored in a large freezer bag for up to 6 weeks. Simply let them thaw overnight in the fridge before serving.
Why are my cake pops not hardening?
Cake pops are likely to crack when the frosting and cake ball have significantly different temperatures. The coating is usually too warm while the cake ball is too cold, but it can also happen the other way around. This is the most frequent cause of cake pop cracking.
Why are my cake pops not smooth?
To achieve a smooth finish on cake pops, it is crucial to have the right consistency for the coating. One of the simplest ways to ensure this is to melt candy melts properly. Overheating the candy melts can lead to clumping, which makes it difficult to remove from the spatula and negatively impacts the final result.
This article provides a list of ingredients and supplies needed to make cake pops, including cake mix, eggs, frosting, lollipop sticks or cake pop sticks, candy melts or chocolate chips for coating the cake pops, and sprinkles or other decorations. The article also includes instructions for baking the cake before preparing it for the recipe.